CREAMY OAT MYLK IN UNDER 30 MINUTES
Ever wanted to make your own nut mylk but don't have the time? Well, now you can make this delicious and creamy oat mylk in under 30 minutes!
Ready to say goodbye to those m*lk cartons?
1) OATS 1 cup
2) FILTERED WATER 4 cups
3) VANILLA ESSENCE 1 tsp
4) A DATE 1
5) SALT A pinch
1) Cover the oats in a bowl with tap water and let them soak for 15 minutes.
2) Sieve the oats, discarding the water and rinsing the oats thoroughly under the tap.
3) Add the oats, optional ingredients and 3 cups of filtered water to a high speed blender, and blend for 1 - 2 minutes.
4) Add up to a cup more water, depending on your desired consistency.
5) Sieve the mixture through two sieves, TWICE in order to remove any remaining solids. You should have a creamy liquid.
6) Transfer and store in a glass airtight container.
Store in the fridge for up to 6 days. But do not heat the mixture as it will turn gelatinous.
Enjoy on your cereal or in a mega milkshake!
IMPACT OF SWITCHING M*LKS
Conventional m*lk is extremely wasteful, harmful to the environment and to the animals involved.
Total carbon footprint of the UK dairy sector including emissions from dairy farms, transport, distribution, processing and end use, is estimated to be 15.5 million tonnes of CO₂ per year. (Carbon Trust, 2011).
Simply switching to a plant based m*lk, you personally can make a huge difference to your carbon footprint, whilst also knowing you are not causing any suffering to dairy cows.
And making your own m*lk, is one step better. It eliminates the packaging and processing involved in creating non-dairy milks. SO HAVE A GO!
Get the ingredients delivered to your door, plastic free by adding items to cart below.
Is working as an intern for Zero Waste Club, making some awesome DIY videos. She is here to help you make DIY products that will help you to reduce your waste.