Candied Grapefruit Peels
Festive season is coming! If you are looking for a gift for your friends or colleagues. The candied citrus peels would be the interesting sweet idea and you can use up all of the whole citrus fruits without wasting anything! The candied fruit peels might be too sweet, but you can spread the message about the food preservation technique to your friend too that sugar can actually help! Just suggesting them to cut the candied peels into little pieces and sprinkle on the top of the bowl of muesli or any dessert, so they won’t take too much per time.
Here are the ingredients and recipe:
• Take the leftover pulps from the peels of 2 grapefruits.
• Cut the peels into the half inch stripes.
• Add the peels to the saucepan with water then bring to boil and drain
• Repeat this step until the peels are no longer bitter (Just have a bite to try)***
• In another pot, add the peels and water just to cover the peels.
• Add 2 cups of sugar. Bring to boil and simmer until the peels become transparent. This step might take 1-2 hours.
• Let them dry on the racks for 3-6 hours.
• Toss them in the bowl with more sugar and store in the glass jar 😊
Then you and your friends can enjoy!
Is working as an intern for Zero Waste Club, making some awesome DIY videos. Here to help you make DIY products that will reduce your waste as well as showing yummy alternatives to non-vegan products and food. Find out more about Ploy’s work over on her Instagram or her Thai Blog.